The Social Media DIY Workshop is for small business people who want to learn more about social media. Here you can learn about a wide range of social media topics that can help you grow your business in our articles, ebooks, and webinars.
How To Take The Free Workshop
It’s very easy to take the free Social Media DIY Workshop. You can learn about any topic and use any resource in any order.
- Choose a topic. Look through the list of current workshop topics in the right column of every page. Choose a topic that interests you and click on it.
- Choose a learning level. Look through the list of resources for your topic. We’ve organized them into learning levels to help you know where to start. Start where you feel comfortable.
- Choose an article. Click on the article name to get started. Some articles also include ebooks and videos.
Learning Levels Explained
Each Social Media DIY Workshop article, ebook, webinar, and workbook gets assigned to a learning level. Learning levels help you decide where to start based on what you already know about the subject.
- Social Media Basics. Are you ready to start learning about social media? Or learn a new social media tool or skill? These articles, ebooks, and videos cover the basics and help you catch a vision for how social media can support and grow your business.
- Getting Started. Ready to jump into a new tool or skill? These articles, ebooks, and videos explain how to get started, set up your account, and start doing things.
- Building Skills. Do you already use a tool or have a plan, but you know there is more to learn? These articles, ebooks, and videos help you build strong skills so you can masterfully use social media.
- Creating Solutions. Are you ready to start creating custom social media solutions to meet your unique business challenges? These articles, ebooks, and videos help you apply what you know to integrate social media into your entire business.
Where you start in the Social Media DIY Workshop depends entirely on you! You can use any resource that interests you at any time.
- Are you brand new to social media or a tool? Start with level 1.
- Do you have some experience? Start at level 2 or level 3.
- Are you comfortable with a tool or topic, but are looking for a way to get more from it? Start at level 3.
Inside Each Article
Each article starts with the following bits of helpful information.
- Summary. Provides you with an overview of the article so you can decide if you want to read the article.
- Before You Start. Explains what you need to have set up or know prior to reading this article.
- Learning Level. Puts this article into context so you know whether it is appropriate for you at this stage of your learning. See the learning levels explanation above.
- Article Last Updated. Social media tools are always changing, and new strategies develop every week. We review our articles and make updates regularly. You can think of this as the information freshness date